France is a significant player in world trade when it comes to the importing and exporting of goods. And this is no surprise, given France has the 3rd largest economy in the Eurozone. Only Germany and the UK has a larger economy, with San Marino having the smallest.
So read on to find out all about the top 10 French imports!
How big is the imports market in France?
According to data from World’s Top Exports, French imports totalled US$809.9 billion in 2022. Imports from Germany, China, Belgium, the US and Spain accounted for just over 57% of all French imports.
So what are the top 10 French imports?
The following are the top 10 imports to France in 2022. This top 10 accounts for over 63% of the total US$ value for all imports to France.
1. Mineral Fuels – US$156.4 billion (19.3% of total imports)
2. Machinery including Computers – US$84.7 billion (10.5% of total imports)
3. Vehicles – US$73.2 billion (9.0% of total imports)
4. Electrical Machinery – US$66.3 billion (8.2% of total imports)
5. Pharmaceuticals – US$32.4 billion (4.0% of total imports)
6. Plastics – US$30.4 billion (3.7% of total imports)
7. Optical, Technical & Medical Apparatus – US$22.5 billion (2.8% of total imports)
8. Organic Chemicals – US$18.8 billion (2.3% of total imports)
9. Iron & Steel – US$17.2 billion (2.1% of total imports)
10. Articles of Iron & Steel – US$14.7 billion (1.8% of total imports)
Source: World’s Top Exports
So how can we help?
The importing and exporting of goods to and from France can be a complicated process, and that’s where we come in! Here at AGI, we specialise in the safe transport of cargo to and from France, and all across the world, providing you with professional road freight, sea freight, and air freight solutions. To find out more about our logistics services, and how we can help your business, please get in touch. We look forward to hearing from you. And for all of the latest AGI news, don’t forget to follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook!